View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Wolf71
N00b

Wolf71 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Wolf71 Send a message via AIM to Wolf71 Send a message via MSN to Wolf71 Send a message via Yahoo to Wolf71 Send a message via Skype™ to Wolf71
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
A bunch of people worked unimaginable numbers of hours to create a kitchen that already has most of the bugs worked out. I'm sure more will be found by the good users of PPCGeeks, but for the most part every bug reported with Helmi's WM6 ROM release on 8/31/2007 has been fixed. This kitchen also has helmi's appropriate core version (CE OS 5.2.1908.) to match with the AKU .7.0 system files--which always makes for better stability than trying to run newer OS files on an older core.

Some of the primary improvements over helmi's WM6 (AKU .4.2 ROM release):

1. Fully working WiFi (fix automatic connection issue?)
2. Correct Picture Mail site for Sprint users (not for me)
3. Fully working Voice Command OEM included (including fix for Announcements over Bluetooth) (this yes)
4. Newer version of HTC Home Plugin (also)
5. Fully working IR (supposed resolved issue on 0.6c)
6. Several compatible phone skins, including the brand new one from the HTC Vogue (EDIT: As well as the default crossbow skin--if you do not choose a skin then you will get the stock one) (let's see it)
7. All modules have had their memory allocations relocated so no more chance of overlapping memory regions (which could cause lots of random errors). (no more scrambled bootlogo, i hope)
8. Several commonly requested tweaks are in the kitchen by default (no connection bubble, power saving tweaks, time sync automatically, only calibration and time zone steps in welcome wizard, all phone settings pages unhidden, lots more...) (time zone adjust is neccesary on this step)
9. If you choose a carrier during your build there will be no need for the soft reset at first boot to prevent your extrom from installing--that's been turned off
10. Two new carriers have been added (Aliant and Movistar Venezuela--please test if you use those carriers) (if i install my carrier, dont mess with received messages? the first 11 chars appears instead the sender number??)
11. Latest version of CDMA-specific MMS app (3.0.26.11c) from the Alltel PPC6800. This version has been tested to work fully on Sprint, Verizon, and Alltel (Wrong!!! 4.2.5.1 is the latest)
12. Your choice of traditional SD-only or SDHC-compatible drivers (I still recommend the SD-only set unless you need to use SDHC cards) (designed to not work together)
13. Properly functioning 1x/Ev switch (already functioning)

Read all in red