View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 05:51 PM
luv2chill
Retired Staff

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0rdie View Post
No answer to my question about the PhonePad dict?
No idea, but you could probably find it yourself... here's how:

Install total commander, dutty file manager, resco or one of the other file explorers that allows you to sort files by date.

Go into that SIP and add a word to the dictionary.

Open up the file explorer, go into \Windows and sort by date. Look for any files created at the exact time you entered the custom word into the dictionary--it will probably be pretty obvious.

If you see nothing, then it's possible that the words are getting stored in the registry somewhere. If you suspect that then use a registry editor to dump the entire registry (dotFred Task Manager can do it easily), then add a word to the dictionary, then dump the registry again. You can then bring those files over to the PC and use Windiff, compareit, or another file comparison utility to reveal what key they were added to.

I'm just not sure too many people use that SIP (I definitely don't) which explains why no one has answered your question yet. If you dont' want to find it yourself you may just need to give it some time for an answer.