View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Whotahn
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Deleteing the new cab wont reset the reg mod.

"HKLM > Comm > ConnMgr > Planner > Settings > SuspendResume - GPRS_bye_if_device_off"-I get this when I make the mod via TPTweak and AC and gives my Tachi fits.
But when I deleted the cab that same path says ~GPRS! (view with RegEdit) Did my 10 Call Test and NO issue!
No idea how that makes a difference. But I found the same "blame" on AC as ahuskins did but it's working for me. Threefaces has different values in his Guide for the same issue. Tried them on 811 and it was a no go, more testing to do....

EDIT: Edited my original post.
Ok hours several hours later and my data is still shutting off every minute or so when idle. I am going to leave it like this and check on the tbattery numbers as ahuskins mentioned just for shiggles and giggles. My question is how do I reset the registry since I have already deleted the cab? Good old hard reset to be sure or which entry do I need to edit? Also, couldn't the battery numbers be affected also by radio?? i.e I roam ALOT with my current radio, even around home so I am sure the constant searching for signal is also affecting my drain significantly.

I fully appreciate what ahuskins figured out. I kept thinking last night that my battery was draining faster as I surfed the net and the data kept connecting and disconnecting. Wasn't smart enough to check the fantstic battery ap NRG gave us to use! But as I mentioned my signal strength at home is about 1 bar, 2 tops, sometimes none so I am not sure if that could also affect anything. I'm so glad he figured this issue out I am ready to bury it with AVG or whatever the heck it is!

Anyways THANKS to ahuskins, great find!!! D>