View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 06:41 PM
greenskeeper805
VIP Member

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS SOFTWARE after ROM Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet_Vet View Post
Greetings folks! This is my first post here

I need some help. I am NOT tech savvy, so please have pity, rather than scorn me O_o .

I'm not totally computer illiterate, but it would be REALLY nice if someone could give simple, easy, step by step instructions on how I can download and install a good, free, GPS product similar to VZ navigator. I have the Omnia 910 that I got 6 weeks ago, and will install the unlock tonight, but I am afraid to attempt any install of a GPS program without simple, idiot proof directions.

I heard this site had the smartest tech guru's on the planet (a little sucking up never hurt ) and that if anyone could help me, you guys can!!

Thanks in advance!
amAzeGPS is free and will do what VZNnav does. It's a little buggy but once you get a GPS lock (which can be a pain) it's nice. I use Bing, it's free and you can search for stuff with your voice. It only has a map view, as if looking down on the map with a highlighted line to guide you. It doesn't do voice navigation, but it will beep before a turn to let you know to look at the map. It will also reroute if you mess up. GoogleMaps will utilize the GPS also but will not notify you of turns and wont automatically reroute you. I put a tutorial up a while back for using bing. The tutorial is for live search, but bing is the new name for it. Go to www.mobile.msn.com in your browser to download it.
Here is the tutorial
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...99&postcount=1

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!