View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 01:38 AM
hamidxa
Regular 'Geeker

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkme73 View Post
For those most recent posters who say it's working great... please, make a phone call and end it by pressing the "end call" soft button (not the hard end). Does your 'phone' not lock up? Not the OS, just the phone... no dialer, no terminating the call... Everything else is great.

I flashed to stock Sprint, then back to this, and no go on the dialer. Is there something I can turn off/deactivate/uninstall/hack that will make it work?
Works fine here.
No lockups or abnormal behavior.

Quote:
That's frustrating. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. All I know is I regularly click a contact in the history which accidentally initiates a call. In the ensuing panic, I click 'end call' - and the call continues for 45 seconds... "Hello? Hello?" as I yank the battery out... or pretend I meant to call them.

Tried flashing 3x tonight, all three have the same result.
This ^ I've had happen to me before, but it's not limited to NRGZ ROMs. This would happen on MightyROM, Juggalo's, Juicy's, you name it. It's seemingly random, but it would usually happen when I tried to quickly end the call before it's fully initiated, resulting in the (as you mentioned) need to pull out the battery as the only means of terminating the accidental call. I haven't had it happen yet on this ROM, but once again, I don't believe this to be ROM specific.

Quote:
Yes, after the second attempt, I flashed a dumped Sprint image. If you think it'll make a difference, I'll try flashing the shipped Sprint image, and then this rom...

BTW, the hanging is 100% repeatable. The hard-end key works about 90% of the time.
For me it's not 100% repeatable. I've tried doing it now like 5 times in a row on the 09/06 build, and I can't even get it to lock up once, yet.

Last edited by hamidxa; 09-10-2009 at 01:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.