View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 11:29 PM
8notime
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SD Card Speed/Compatibility

It could be because the Transcend card is so much bigger. I ran the SiSoftware Sandra benchmarking utility on both cards and attached the results. I also used the benchmarking utility in SKTools with the following results:

Sandisk 4GB Class 2 micro SDHC card:

write = 487.16 KB/sec
read = 13444.20 KB/sec

Transcend 16GB Class 6 micro SDHC card:

write = 408.73
read 16384.00

I have an A-Data 16GB Class 6 card on order and a Kingston 8GB Class 4 card on order. I'll run the same tests on these cards when I get them.

What doesn't make sense to me is that I was getting a crazy fast rate of 160 MB per second with the Sandisk when I transferred a 500 MB file from the card to my computer using the adapter that came with the Transcend card.
Attached Files
File Type: txt results.txt (3.5 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!