View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Hypnotic2010
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get bubbles out when putting on screen protector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo_215 View Post
I just wash my screen protector with dish detergent then lean it on something so it can drip dry and then re-apply till I get it right.
Been working for years... started with the Touch.
I will agree with you on this one. In the past I have used this method and works great.
-Get a bowl or a cup of water
-add a few drops of dish detergent and mix into the water.
-Go into the bathroom and turn the shower on hot to get it steamy to drop any dust to the floor.
-remove the battery to be extra safe
-scub your fingers with rubbing alcohol to remove oil from your fingers.
-make sure the screen is clean and dust free.
-peel/open the screen protector
-dip it lightly into the soap solution
-lay the protector on the screen
-you should be able to move the protector around enough to precisly position it.
-since it is wet there should be very few air bubbles if any, and if there is they will push out very easily when wet.
-in a short time the protector will adhere in place.
-let dry overnight before putting the battery back in
-if there are any inperfections they will go away completly in a few days, unless there is dust under it.
-Good luck!

Extra tips:
**dont go crazy with the solution, just dab a little on the screen and dip the protector ligtly and shake off excess before applying.
*** to be extra safe cover your moisture sensor paper by cutting a small square of paper the size of the moisture sensor, stick that to a small piece of tape to cover the moisture sensor.
****never apply tape directly over the sensor without paper inbetween because when you pull the tape off the sensor will pull off with it!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.