View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 12:37 PM
luv2chill
Retired Staff

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbartels View Post
Two Questions:

1. I installed Live Google Search to play around with it and ultimately see if I prefer it to Windows Live. The problem is that I can't find Google Search anywhere on my phone. I checked "windows", "programs", and plugins for the Today Screen. Any ideas?

2. When I first installed from a ROM I made, the clock plug-in for the Today Screen was 1line but it's now two even thought I used the OEMizer and specifically check that I wanted it to be 1 line. Anyone else experience this?
1. That OEM is just a tweak to use google's search engine with the existing Live app. You still use the same plugin to search with--but when the results come up they will be from google instead. To my knowledge google itself hasn't released a plugin of their own.

2. The reason for this is due to the battery meter showing up top. When you have the battery meter up there, the clock moves down to the date plugin, and there's not enough room for the long date and time on the same line. So if you must have a single line date then you need to put the clock back up top (look in the Tweaks section of buildos for that if you want to do it at build time). As an alternative you can turn off the date plugin entirely and use one of the 3rd party ones that were designed never to exceed one line... I can't think of their names off hand but a search here and/or at xda-developers should pull something up. Maybe someone else here can give you a name and/or link as well.