View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 08:38 PM
rootlinux
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adipose View Post
The main thing flashing to stock does, that I know about, is update the PRL and PRI, and possibly the radio. It may also change certain PST settings (I know it changes the banner to "Sprint" when I do it).

I can't imagine how it could change much else that wouldn't be overwritten by a flash. Oh yeah, it might also update the boot screen. I flashed back to Sprint so it would say, "touch pro" rather than "Verizon Wireless", before flashing back to energyROM.

-Dan
This was discussed in this thread way back and NRG chimed in and explained why a Stock flash will fix errors with ANY custom rom.

I always flash to stock before custom and my NRG 9/5 is pretty freakin FLAWLESS!
Some do not believe it works or they do not understand why, I can tell you that it does work with many problems people are having.

If everyone would follow the same flash procedure it might help rom chefs in narrowing down the real bugs and the problems that just occur from bad flashing.
Chefs running all around looking into bugs and trying to fix problems that are not necessarily problems with their roms.
If it were really bugs with the roms then more than a few people would have the same problem.

Sure software that can be installed can cause errors with the rom that other people do not see because they do not use the same app.
I have a crap load of games and apps installed and this rom is ROCKIN!

No bugs to report and no errors yet of any kind that are being caused by this rom.

Last edited by rootlinux; 09-08-2009 at 08:53 PM.