View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 03:22 PM
land2634
Halfway to VIP Status

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to land2634
Re: No TP2 Inventory in local stores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
How can you compare a car to a phone lol. Sprint knows that there are people like us, here at PPC geeks that actually read press releases and stay up to date about releases. This isn't the first time they released the phone via internet and telesales first. You act as if they aren't releasing them in stores yet which isn't the case. They release via telesales for those who want the phone first and release in the stores when the have sufficient inventory. And this damn sure isn't the first time they haven't advertised a phone so i don't even know why you mentioned that. How many commercials have you seen for your touch pro, the touch diamond, or any other windows mobile device launched on sprint. The answer is a big fat 0
I actually did see a TV ad for the Touch Pro. Now, that being said, I don't think the OP deserves a credit, but I can see that end of it. Sprint didn't officially say it would be available, but at some point, they are going to have to learn that there is a good portion of those people you mentioned that want the phone and follow it before release that want to see it first. For some people, including myself, it's a big purchase. I just happen to know enough about WM devices that I was confident in the purchase beforehand and the knowledge that I could return it within 30 days if I didn't like it. The point is, whether they said it would be in stores or not, if they ever want to be taken seriously in the smartphone category, they're going to have to do a little bit of advertising and actually have the device ready in stores on a specific release date. I'm not complaining about it, I'm just pointing out that from a business/customer loyalty standpoint, they would be serving themselves well to do something like this.

Forums and columns for all sports fans!