View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 09:34 PM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snager View Post
Thank you Helmi and everyone at ppcgeeks who had a hand in making WM6 + Kitchen available for all of us!

I'm still a newbie at cooking your own ROM's but I'm learning from all you folks here on PPCGeeks. I have also been messing around with creating your own OEM from cab files with some success.

I've tried looking for information on the .dsm files and all I found about them is that you create them using a text editor and assign a UUID as its name.
But when I look at .dsm files in other OEM packages I see that they are not just blank text files ..they have something inside of them ...cant read it with notepad.exe notepad2.exe or wordpad or anything I have, all i see is garbage... if anyone would help understand what goes inside a .dsp file ...I would be very grateful for you help
You shouldn't be adding an OEM that requires a anything more than a properly named (UUID), 0 length, .dsm file. If you'd like to initialize it, drop the folder containing the .dsm onto the BuildDSM tool (in the tools folder). .dsm files are binary data files...you'll need special software or a hex editor to look at them.