Old 11-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Gilliland
PPCGeeks Regular

Gilliland is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
Do you live in an area with a strong verizon signal?
Try forcing your phone into roam-only, or if in a 1x area, force EVDO service only. You might have no problems because of geographic location... it seems to depend on what networks your phone is switching to, but forcing actions like this successfully simulated the problem on everyone's phone I tried.
I'm sure there's plenty of Verizon signal around my area, but I've never been a Verizon customer so I can't say for sure. If nothing else, I doubt that they have much signal here in my house - pretty much no one does except Sprint (and even that's pretty weak).

I drove across several states with my Mogul last weekend, and had no trouble with it. I switched through all kinds of coverage areas along the way, including plenty of roaming, plenty of 1X, and plenty of EVDO - and switching among them many times.

As for rebooting the phone occasionally, it's more a matter of convenience than necessity. Sometimes IE or some other app will tie up the phone pretty solidly. I can wait for it to time out, or I can reboot. Sometimes rebooting is the path of least resistance.

I find it hard to believe that you never reboot your phone, but perhaps you're just more patient than I am. <g> In any event, my point is that 2.16 is about as solid for me as 2.09 was - with the exception of the failure of a couple of apps.