View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 06:48 AM
luv2chill
Retired Staff

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Just to follow on with a couple more screen shots of gguruusa's superb BuildOS replacement app. He developed this himself based on bepe's previous BuildOS code in just four weeks time. He deserves as much credit as anyone for this release.

A bunch of people worked unimaginable numbers of hours to create a kitchen that already has most of the bugs worked out. I'm sure more will be found by the good users of PPCGeeks, but for the most part every bug reported with Helmi's WM6 ROM release on 8/31/2007 has been fixed. This kitchen also has helmi's appropriate core version (CE OS 5.2.1908.) to match with the AKU .7.0 system files--which always makes for better stability than trying to run newer OS files on an older core.

Some of the primary improvements over helmi's WM6 (AKU .4.2 ROM release):

1. Fully working WiFi
2. Correct Picture Mail site for Sprint users
3. Fully working Voice Command OEM included (including fix for Announcements over Bluetooth)
4. Newer version of HTC Home Plugin
5. Fully working IR
6. Several compatible phone skins, including the brand new one from the HTC Vogue (EDIT: As well as the default crossbow skin--if you do not choose a skin then you will get the stock one)
7. All modules have had their memory allocations relocated so no more chance of overlapping memory regions (which could cause lots of random errors).
8. Several commonly requested tweaks are in the kitchen by default (no connection bubble, power saving tweaks, time sync automatically, only calibration and time zone steps in welcome wizard, all phone settings pages unhidden, lots more...)
9. If you choose a carrier during your build there will be no need for the soft reset at first boot to prevent your extrom from installing--that's been turned off
10. Two new carriers have been added (Aliant and Movistar Venezuela--please test if you use those carriers)
11. Latest version of CDMA-specific MMS app (3.0.26.11c) from the Alltel PPC6800. This version has been tested to work fully on Sprint, Verizon, and Alltel
12. Your choice of traditional SD-only or SDHC-compatible drivers (I still recommend the SD-only set unless you need to use SDHC cards)
13. Properly functioning 1x/Ev switch

There are others I can't think of at the moment, but that's enough for now.

As far as current issues, the only one I know of is that the volume slider still works if the phone is locked (not if the phone is suspended--only in the lock state). I have devoted a bit of time to this but no solution yet.

Anyway, I hope you will find this was worth waiting for. Please use the bug report thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11076). If anyone would like specific information on any of the bugs already fixed in this kitchen, feel free to ask in this thread and I'll provide as much information as I can.

P.S. A big thanks also to pierocksmysocks who created new graphics for the RUUs as well as a nice Apache sync.ico for Vista users (you should see it in your Windows Mobile Device center and in "My Computer" when your Apache is connected--if not, go into Device Manager expand Portable Devices, and uninstall the Pocket PC device--then disconnect and reconnect your Apache).

Last edited by luv2chill; 11-05-2007 at 10:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.