View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 11:20 AM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimeverett View Post
I have started talks with a legal firm about the possibility of starting a Class Action case. I feel that Sprint has taken its time on addressing the issues around the PPC 6800 with Bluetooth and Memory leaks. For those that are not aware the Bluetooth on the Sprint Phones is a stripped down version that is found on most to all other carriers. Sprints main reason for this is to stop people from transferring Music files or files downloaded from the Sprint Store. So this post is to start getting feedback and a place to post a link when I have one for people that want to join in on the case.

If this is not a post that should be on this site sorry to the admin in advance.
WTF?!

THAT's the problem you're having with bluetooth? You think they CRIPPLED IT???
HAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaha
good luck with your law suit, man.

I'd tell you "don't let the door hit you on the way out", but, well, I'm not THAT mean. And I'd feel bad if you sink money into hiring lawyers only to be hit with a sudden realization that you don't have anyone backing you up.

Let me explain: BT transfers are one of the few things that WORK FINE on this phone! I've actually dropped some mp3's to/from my PC using bluetooth, and the sprint store has DRM protection on their music anyway, so your logic is totally flawed.
The bluetooth problem everyone has been addressing here has to do with the poor audio quality during a phone call, in other words using a wireless headset was almost impossible. As far as I know, NO ONE HAS COMPLAINED ABOUT CRIPPLED BT STACKS. Unlike certain other CDMA carriers...

Now, as far as the "memory leak", its been discussed so many times I think I might vomit. It's a "feature" of WM6... it may eat up memory and hold on to it for too long before releasing it, but this is due to a memory cache that actually speeds up performance of the device. Its not sprint's "fault", and many here have come to realize that it isn't even anyone's fault at all. There is a way to adjust some of the cache size by editing the binary in the rom before flashing it, however the result is a much more sluggish device.

In other words, that "leak" needs to be there for better performance!

Now, that's not to say there's no reason for a class legal action case... I just think you've got the wrong reasons.
There are some folks on BuzzAboutWirless and HowardForums who have been discussing a more suitable case:
Misrepresentation/False Advertising.

Basically, many people bought the device because it was advertised as GPS capable and EVDO Rev A capable, only to find that neither of these are supported.
They have promised that Rev A will be released in a future update, but 2 updates later we still don't have anything to show for it. Many are still banking on the empty promise of "one day soon".

GPS was later pulled from the devices description, implying that for at least THAT one, there is no planned support.