View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 10:20 AM
jimeverett
Lurker

jimeverett is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Sprint Class Action Legal Action

I have started talks with a legal firm about the possibility of starting a Class Action case. I feel that Sprint has taken its time on addressing the issues around the PPC 6800 with Bluetooth and Memory leaks. For those that are not aware the Bluetooth on the Sprint Phones is a stripped down version that is found on most to all other carriers. Sprints main reason for this is to stop people from transferring Music files or files downloaded from the Sprint Store. So this post is to start getting feedback and a place to post a link when I have one for people that want to join in on the case.

If this is not a post that should be on this site sorry to the admin in advance.

11/5/2007 4:11 PM

Let me clear the air just a little here for those that need to have a more detailed and informed view of this situation.
1) Yes, Microsoft makes and supplies the full ROM image to UTStarcom.
2)UTStarcom then makes the changes to the ROM as HTC and Sprint (or any other carrier) has instructed them to do. In the case of the current Sprints ROM image, all ability to transfer files from one Bluetooth device to another has been removed. In short 1/3 of the Bluetooth stack has either been removed and/or disabled. If you check the Original WM6 ROM Image, that I have a copy of you would see that there are several files and settings are missing. But when you check the ROM images of a few of the other carriers the files are still there and working on the same HTC model of phone.

3) Before a ROM image is to be released it must pass from UTStarcom to HTC for testing and then on to Sprint before it is to be posted or made available to the public.

So with all of that Said, Yes a Law Firm has been contacted. The Firm is located in Oklahoma City, OK. This thread was not to as someone put it “sad attempt to get people riled up”. Also I did not buy my phone from HTC, It came from Sprint. Thus Sprint is my vendor or company that I take the issue up with. If they choose to take the matter up with HTC that is there issue. Also there is no court in the land that will uphold a contract that will not allow its customer to file a “good faith” suit agents Sprint.

The Bluetooth is stripped down from Sprint, The above information was gathered from several contacts at Sprint Corp, HTC Tear 3 Support, Microsoft Mobile Engineering group and Sprint Device Testing and Development group.

I have spent the last two weeks on this matter, and yes I can change and go to another carrier. The problem that I have with this is as follows.

1) Sprint Advertized these phone with Sprint TV, and until just a short while ago that was not the case and only from sites like this can you get the file. I don’t see Sprint sending me an update or the files on a disk.
2) Bluetooth head sets are the major bitch here. This phone is now BT v2.0 and Still all the Bluetooth headsets that Sprint sells in its stores will not work on any current Mogul Phone for a prolong period of time. If you have one that is working 100% Good for you.
3) The product is not living up to what Sprint said it would do, via there advertisements or documentation.
4)I have had my phone now for Three months and would hope that any company would not let its customer dangle in the wind with these issues for 6 or 7 months before getting them a fix.

And for those that do not know this, I support over 1200 of HTC’s devices and this is the only one that has the above mentioned problems.

Last edited by jimeverett; 11-05-2007 at 06:51 PM. Reason: UPDATED