View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 07:08 PM
edru
N00b

edru is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vogue+Android+CricKet - How Do you Activate Google Account?

So I have my vogue fully flashed to cricKet - data and all - works fine in WinMo. I then loaded Android to the mSD card and most builds I find work fine. I was able to edit the default.txt with the needed username/password info - then went into the connection settings and edited the APN for "Android" to reflect the correct proxy settings and user name - left most of the stuff as it was - and I got data working fine now.

My problem is this:
I cant sync my Google Account. It will never connect, even though I can hit the web via browser error free. So was wondering if anyone had any info on this.

My theory is that its connecting the same way in which WinMo would connect to an IMAP or POP server for Outlook. cricKet will not allow that some how (i think they block ports via the proxy), but using active exchange sync with google works fine. So I'm thinking the port issue may be related.

I attempted to go into DevTools and use the Googe Account option to see if there as anything in there to mess with but i would receive an error and it would terminate before I would even see anything.