View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Squishy
PPCGeeks Regular

Squishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

My experiences with Energy ROM:

First of all, I used to install *every* version of Energy ROM... but I got tired of waiting for all of the bugs to get worked out, so I switched to Mighty ROM for a while. Mighty has it's own problems... letters get replaced with numbers while sending SMS, random windows opening while playing bubble breaker (very serious error... lol)... etc.

Anyway, I noticed that Energy ROM 8/11 seemed to be lingering for a while, so I went back to it to test it out. I'm very pleased.

I'm a sprint customer, but I didn't have to install the DCD carrier cab, or the Arcsoft SMS/MMS fix cab. Everything seemed to work right out of the box, so to speak.

I tried Sprint TV... but I keep getting a 7004 error on my favorite NASCAR channel (other channels work fine). Caulkin's TV fix didn't work, so I assume it's a problem on Sprint's end and not on my phone.

I love how I can type an SMS message, and the text actually KEEPS UP with my typing speed. That's something that Mighty ROM couldn't do.

I was concerned that the Internet "Phone as a modem" hack wasn't cooked in... but it's easy to fix. I installed the "Internet Sharing Fix.cab" file, then checked the forced data connection name under "Local Machine/Comm/Internet Sharing/Settings". It was "Sprint". I went to my connection manager and edited the default connection from "Data" to "Sprint", and everything works great.

I'm very happy with this ROM, and NRG's work.... which is why I donated some $$$ to him. I hope you do the same!
d/l: 1293 bps u/l: 293 bps
Simply "Almost" Everything Plan