View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 03:04 PM
zim2704
PPCGeeks Regular

zim2704 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My Gripe

Ok to start I am in one of the area's that once was alltel and now is verizon. I am still in contract until february with alltel and until then don't plan on upgrading my phones. My biggest complaint is that I am wanting the OmniaII when my contract is up but in order to do that I will have to go to a verizon plan, oh well. The problem after that is I now have an alltel diamond in near perfect condition that is worthless!! With every provider only allowing their phones on their networks that leaves me with an expensive paperweight once i disconnect it for an upgrade.

Is there any light at the end of the tunnel to allow consumers who purchase phones out-right with their hard earned money to be allowed to activate them on other networks than what they are branded for without having to jump through hoops? Why can't CDMA carries be open like their GSM cousin? It just pisses me off that the $300 I spent on the phone was thrown into the wind because now after I upgrade I will not be able to use it as a back-up or secondary phone for some variety.