View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 11:38 AM
nmhusa
Halfway to VIP Status

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Re: Mogul...Diamond...Touch Pro....Touch Pro 2 ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimco View Post
Well I went over to AT@T the other day and found out I can do ALL of this with the Iphone without having to install any custom roms.
Original iphone was released June 29, 2007..... No 3G, no cut/paste, no GPS, no after market apps, no customization options, must use itunes to load music, movies etc, non expandable storage (locked at whatever you buy), non upgradable/replaceable battery, no email sync for business users, no word/powerpoint, no live TV (i.e. slingplayer), no multitasking !

This was in comparison to the Mogul with 3G, Cut paste, GPS, Mutiple apps, Multiple customizations/home screens etc, many ways to load software/music, push mail for business users, full word/powerpoint editing, Live TV via Slingplayer, multitasking !

Over the last 2 years Apple has played catch up with Windows Mobile and especially HTC, releasing updates, i.e. new phones with GPS and 3G, adding software enhancements i.e. app store, and allowing turn by turn GPS (in Summer 2009), cut paste (in version 3.0 firmware) and finally slingplayer in the app store.

I would agree that after 2 years of trying Apple might have finally copied most of the essential features of a 2 year old HTC phone. Nice going Steve ! As far as I am concerned, the iphone has been an interesting toy and continues to be one, whereas the HTC phones I have owned from the PPC6700 Apache, Mogul, Touch pro and soon to be Touch Pro 2 were all working machines that allowed both work and entertainment when needed. Nuff Said !

BTW best of luck with the iphone, I came close this summer due to the screen size, but the lack of a hardware keyboard and the need to switch to ATT put me off. I am staying Sprint and welcoming the new HTC TP2 to the fold !