View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 09:56 PM
iamchrismoran
Lurker

iamchrismoran is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Date recovery from internal memory

While in the white mountains of NH my phone froze on me. It was the only camera I brought for the hiking trip and the only phone I had... so I felt I had no other choice but to hard reset it. So I lost everything. The contact info and software aren't really a big deal. The settings only took time to fix up, but I lost about 2 weeks of pictures of my (now) 3 month old son that I hadn't had a chance to pull off the phone (was in fact planning to move them all to the sd card when I realized it had frozen).

I saw a from searching some older threads that there didn't seem to be any known way to recover such data, so I'm posting now to see if anyone has figured it out.

I've pretty much kept all my new data to the sd card in hopes that I don't overwrite too much stuff. The cam takes pretty crappy pix and does a horrible job at 2mp for quick shots when a 2+ month old baby is moving around cutely, but I'd sure like to have those pictures back.

I did install Recuva, but there doesn't seem to be a way to mount the phone on the system (xp) in a way that it can see it to try to recover data.

Thanks for any useful insight.