View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 02:05 AM
Biker1
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is my hotmail going to stop working on my phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
well at home i use outlook express on my computer (microsoft office 2007 enterprise edition) but on the go, i get it on my htc vogue (you know the htc touch) well the e-mail says sept. 1... im worried that i wont be able to get my hotmail on my mobile device starting sept. 1.
I just opened a Hotmail account. But now it is called a "live.com" account.
Microsoft purchased Hotmail awhile ago or something to that effect.
I am pretty sure that if you just download Windows Live, you will not have any problems.
I get my live.com emails pushed right to my Diamond.
The set up is really nice. You can set it up to push emails thru, pull them at different intervals that you set or manually get your emails.
You can set up your sync intervals as well.
This is what I did:
1) I set up my live.com account on my pc. (you already have your hotmail.com account set up.
2) I went to TouchFlo on my Diamond and pressed the Email icon.
I then pressed Menu/Accounts/New Account and set up my live.com email account.
In your case, you would set up your hotmail.com email account.
In fact, after I set up my account, when I go thru the list of email accounts I want to enter, my live.com account is listed under the "Hotmail" heading on my Diamond.

Just go to Windows Live and enter your email address and password, whether it is a hotmail.com or live.com account to see more info.
Let me know how it goes.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 08-24-2009 at 02:31 AM. Reason: additional info