View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 11:51 PM
gilmorej
Lurker

gilmorej is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
orientation change causes task bar intrusion

I posted about this issue over on the XDA forums a while back and haven't made any progress with or received any suggestions about finding what could be causing this issue and how to fix it.

I am using an AT&T Fuze with the latest official ROM release 5.11.502.2. I used the "reset trick" to skip bloatware installs, so I am only running WM 6.1, and I don't have TF3D installed either.

The problem is this: When running a program in full-screen, such as Opera, JBed, ScummVM, PIE, etc., and the orientation of the phone is changed (either by g-sensor or opening the keyboard) the task bar appears at the top of the screen. It will then be stuck there until the full-screen program is minimized and restored. Another issue with this is that the task bar takes up part of the screen real-estate, as the viewable area of the screen isn't shifted to account for the task bar, causing it to cover up whatever is under it.

Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue? I know from replies on the XDA forums that others are experiencing the same problem. I have tried editing every registry key imaginable that I thought may have something to do with the problem, but had no luck.

I would greatly appreciate some insight or assistance with this, as it is highly frustrating and makes some java apps difficult to use.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort!