View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Asphyx
Halfway to VIP Status

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS question....

Here is the deal with PPST and the Official Verizon update...

The official update (I think it is called MR1) is nothing more than a standard VZW Rom that includes a PPST2.01.cab that gets run during user customization. Because it is run that way it will be wiped if you should hard reset or flash a new rom because the customizations are lost and you need to re-install the PPST cab and run the program once.

If you use a kitchen to build a rom you can avoid that by making the CAB into an OEM and cooking it in directly. I have not had to re-run PPST after a flash since I did that because it is built inot the rom and any files it replaces has already been replaced before the flash.

For anyone who uses a legacy kitchen try using this OEM (you may have to tweak the GUID if you have a conflict with some other package in your kitchen.)

this is for legacy kitchen BTW...
Attached Files
File Type: zip OEM - Verizon - PPST2_01.zip (173.7 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!