View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 01:47 AM
nmjones
N00b

nmjones is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Should I switch from Verizon to Sprint and pay the penalty?

I switched from Verizon to Sprint a little over a year ago. I kept Verizon while I tested out Sprint for a month while traveling. All the places I regularly use my phone Sprint was just as good or better. In places where there was no signal for Sprint there was roaming on either Verizon or AT&T. It's true that you can have full bars while roaming and not be able to call if there is a slight Sprint signal avaliable but for my PDA phone I did the registry edit which allows me to have a "roaming only" option which fixes that issue. I paid over $300 in termination fees for 4 phones but when you consider I have internet on 1 phone with Sprint for $10/month (Verizon at the time wanted $44/month) and the texting for all phones was also cheaper I have more than made that money back in services. To top it all off no one with Verizon in the building at my job location can get a signal. Only AT&T and Sprint(only because they roam on AT&T). So I spend several hours at work streaming music from some fantastic internet radio stations. Sprint recently added pick 3 on my now 5 phones for free...I'm on cloud nine with Sprint. The key is, does it work for you and where you use the phone. For me Sprint is the perfect choice. For you I could be a nightmare depending on your location.

Last edited by nmjones; 08-22-2009 at 05:56 AM.