View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 02:47 AM
MassStash
Regular 'Geeker

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_about_technology View Post
I am somewhat with you Actually, i dont have problem with the softkey bar, i like the new changes to the home screen and softkeybar, specially the close button moving to the bottom bar, its very easy to tap now. but the UI everywhere else is looking really ugly, those extra big drop down lists and all, that makes me sick. Plus the positioning of UI elements on screen is also not precise, the alignment is a mess. This is something i cannot bear, it really gives these builds a look which reflects that its an unfinished business. Before, till 23017, it never looked like the OS is an under development stuff, it was nice and pretty. And this ugliness shows up more on low resolutions like QVGA.

I really hope that the COM4 branch does some wonders to this new UI and make it a bit consistent a bit. Till then, i am on my fvourite build, 23016 with 21095 shell32.exe. Working super fine for me since last 20-25 days. I occasionally do try out builds touted good by other members, but since 23022, i was not able to keep this UI for more than 1 hour without annoying me thoroughly

This is of course my personal experience, not a generalization or anything, so no offense to anyone
interesting build, what's in the 21095 shell that's better/different? remind again, is the shell not the main part of a build? that doesn't make using 23016's sys n common useless obviously?? this hybriding i have not attempted yet and intrigues me. more info would be much appreciated. if it's explained somewhere else n you don't feel like going into, point me in the right direction, my time is limited lately with work.