View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 01:04 AM
krazy_about_technology
PPCGeeks Regular

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
i know it's kinda beatin' a dead horse, but again, dumbazz sized softkeys r built into the shell or something right?? no hope in running a new build with an Old School fix haha and theme's cannot change these, at least as of now, correct?? also, is this just not as lame on a vga device compared to qvga, perhaps as to which y i'm trippin about it? just curious, am i alone in the disliking anything past 23017?? who out there's with me?? holla. haha
I am somewhat with you Actually, i dont have problem with the softkey bar, i like the new changes to the home screen and softkeybar, specially the close button moving to the bottom bar, its very easy to tap now. but the UI everywhere else is looking really ugly, those extra big drop down lists and all, that makes me sick. Plus the positioning of UI elements on screen is also not precise, the alignment is a mess. This is something i cannot bear, it really gives these builds a look which reflects that its an unfinished business. Before, till 23017, it never looked like the OS is an under development stuff, it was nice and pretty. And this ugliness shows up more on low resolutions like QVGA.

I really hope that the COM4 branch does some wonders to this new UI and make it a bit consistent a bit. Till then, i am on my fvourite build, 23016 with 21095 shell32.exe. Working super fine for me since last 20-25 days. I occasionally do try out builds touted good by other members, but since 23022, i was not able to keep this UI for more than 1 hour without annoying me thoroughly

This is of course my personal experience, not a generalization or anything, so no offense to anyone
This post has been thanked 1 times.