View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 10:30 AM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Explaining Cell Phone Reception

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
theoretically it could be done though right? especially on sprint when we have free roaming, if its just a list of availble towers, basically combine all the radios...
Between the different type of carriers GSM and CDMA, no. Between say Verizon and Sprint.... Sprint would send their roaming bill to Verizon, and then it would depend on their roaming agreements. In reality they have 90 days to bill the other carrier for roaming minutes. I'm gonna say it happens alot quicker now, but everyone wants to charge for their multi-thousand cell site. Since the actual cell-site reports the roaming minutes used, and the phone reports the carrier used....think of all the people that would leave unemployed.

Carriers still charge each other $0.65 and upwards to $3.00 for roaming minutes, but because I use an equal amount of yours, they've worked out some sort of deal and it's always changing. (if that made any sense...lol)