View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Hypnotic2010
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PPC app for logging into and streaming music from Sockso Music Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDempster View Post
The title says it all. I am looking for an app that will run on the HTC TP. I am setting up a Sockso Music Server at home, and need and interface on WM6.1.

The server will stream music to browsers that support Flash, so I could use Skyfire, and stream the music library from there. But I am looking for a slick front end that would allow you access your library easily, and play the files.

Have searched like crazy to find and app like this. Maybe some one could develop it.

All in All it would work in the same principle as Sling Player for WM, but access the Sockso Music Server instead.
Found & Installed this awesome software today. Spent a few hours playing around with various things on my mobile phone to get it to work. Found out that you CAN get it to work, with a little luck...
Here is some good info:
http://forums.pu-gh.com/viewtopic.ph...73132e1ea8aee7

Here is a quote from a member on the forum:

My phone is a HTC Touch Diamond running Windows Mobile 6.1. I have a modded ROM installed, so I have a bunch of tweaked settings, not that it should matter much.

I setup the server on my home desktop PC, and then use Opera Mobile to browse to the server on my phone. The pages loads fine, but as you know Opera doesn't have flash so none of the flash players will work.

What I did was build a playlist (an album so it was easy) and then got the pls file and saved it to my phone from the server. Launched (coreplayer), also tried WMP, and opened the playlist file. It worked!

Another way I got it to work on my phone was install the browser Skyfire - which has flash support. This browser will play the music via the flash players, so any option was open with it.

I found that WMP and Coreplayer wouldn't stream very well and my music cut out every now and then while it buffered (maybe a setting issue). However, Skyfire's flash support & the flash players worked without a hitch.

I was using headphones at the time, but still the sound quality was pretty low. Sounded like it was a 90kpbs quality file even though all my MP3s are 128+. I'll try again using different headphones, maybe it was them.

Note I did this all over high speed wireless mobile access (EVDO), so it is possible poeple.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!