rossi636
PPCGeeks Regular

rossi636 is keeping up the good workrossi636 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Boost Unlimited On HTC Touch by sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishdan View Post
I have an HTC Diamond on Unltd by Boost by borrowing the E$N from my broken W385. If you use the ##778# to get into your epst, or use QPST software to do the same - you can see the profiles that are stored in the phone. If you are lucky, the original sprint vision username and password is still in there under M.IP Profile 1 2 3 etc. Look at each one, you should see something like joeschmoe05@sprintpcs.com and random charactars next to AAA shared secret. If you are using the phone's ##778# epst editor hit 'view info' (bottom left) and select M.IP settings. Change the 'Active User Profile Index' number to the one that corresponds to the M.IP Profile that has the sprint user details in it. This will connect you...
Don't ask me how! The user / password in mine is related to a different e$n and account that is long expired... In my case at 1x - not sure if this is because of the staus of the user/password or because my connection is to Boost and at their end my "W385" is a non evdo device.. I read elsewhere on here that you have to get them to enable EVDO sometimes even on the Krazr.
I have faithfully copied the data settings from my w385 into the Diamond, buggered around with it and the IOTA settings for weeks (these are stored in the M.IP Default Profile btw) and previously tried this with my HTC Touch also. THEY DO NOT WORK.... I want to get them in there to see if this is what is preventing my evdo connection.

If anyone figures out why the Boost settings don't work, or how to make them work - please let me know, it's become a personal challenge!

Cheers all,
Dan

PS. Yes lalo41 - the touch and diamond have pESN's so they work fine with Unltd by Boost. READ this entire thread at http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/sh...=87425&page=22 , download the files someone kindly zipped on there and then follow the instructions TO THE LETTER.. All works fine. This is how I did my diamond. Vogue esn solution has been around for a while and is very easy.

Dan... Your the Man!!! I cant mess with this at work right now, but when I get home, It's on like =Donkey Kong! Can I really say goodbye and hell Boost?!?!?!? That would be one heck of a savings. $50 bucks a month!

Ill read on and post questions if needed. Hopefully that's cool with everyone.