View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 06:08 PM
isdnmatt
Regular 'Geeker

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TELUS TP2 worldwide using GSM SIM card

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsxxx View Post
ALRIGHT EVERYONE!!! I just borrowed a friend's ROGERS SIM card and tested it out. IT WORKED!!! We called her phone #, which was now my TP2, and had a nice little chat/test. The Data icon went to G then finally E. I'm assuming that's GPRS to EDGE? I didnt test it further or anything - didnt have time, friend had to go.

So HERE IS THE DEAL: it would seem that as hoped/expected the Telus TP2 can be unlocked and used on any provider in NA it would seem, let alone providers in other countries.
Thanks! Big steps forward. I wish that you would actually try initiating a data connection maybe using the log in settings from your friend's phone? It may not even be necessary.

The phone can't use both the GSM and CDMA radios at the same time. It just has settings whether to use GSM only, CDMA only, or Global (Search for CDMA signal, if none available, search GSM)