View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 02:13 PM
isdnmatt
Regular 'Geeker

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TELUS TP2 worldwide using GSM SIM card

Thanks so much for your info!!

Most european GSM providers make users set SIM PIN codes to protect their accounts (since you could easily find a SIM card and put it in another phone and begin racking up charges). The way this works is, when you turn on the phone and it begins reading the SIM it will ask for a SIM unlock code, or PIN. It seems that your deactivated SIMs never had a PIN code so that's why your not seeing the message.

The fact that it CAN read SIM contacts is a HUGE deal. Most global phones on Sprint and Verizon still don't support this feature. You're basically locked down to just placing and receiving calls, but then again, they don't really need this feature included since most global customers will have their contacts on their device already.

SIM manager program!!!?? GREATNESS!

I would really appreciate any info on the data capability. This would be icing on the cake and guarantees I will be ordering the phone on release day.

Again, thanks for everything, you're saving me a lot of headaches.