View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 04:09 PM
frazell
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 7 closer than expected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
i tend to think they'll force wm7 to be used by newer hardware. alot of the timelines seem to point to that as a likelihood.
I agree. I remember the interview with the Microsoft rep showing Windows Mobile 6.5 where he stated Windows Mobile 6.5 and Windows Mobile 7 will co-exist in the market. The Windows Mobile 6.5 offerings will be the "basic" Windows Mobile offerings and the Windows Mobile 7 offerings will be the "premium" experience. He stated that was the reason for the change to "Windows Phone" branding.

If that is true I doubt we will see upgrades coming for 7 at all. Bits of it might make it into cooked ROMs, but I'm not sure that will happen either. Since the rumors lean toward Windows Mobile 7 being based on the newer Windows CE 6 I'm sure we can expect a lot of driver level stuff to need reworking. Not something cooks will be able to pull off since we don't have the driver sources in the public eye.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail