View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 10:55 PM
GoodGets
VIP Member
Threadstarter

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [7/14/09] - Nitrogen v1.1 (definitely my new mp3 player)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiofreq View Post
Thanks, GoodGets.

Do you happen to know of an app that supports listening to a stream? I have police and fire/rescue scanners online that I would like to listen to while not at home.
Np, there's quite a few of 'em out there that support streaming, but probably the easiest way would be to use some of the apps that already come on your phone.

Windows Media Player supports streaming. Open it up, then Menu (right soft key), then "Open URL" and put in the url of your stream. Also, I think you can find the stream using your browser (opera, IE, etc) and when you click on it, you can select open from the pop up, and it will automatically use WMP. But, if you know the url, it may just be easier to type it in.

Also, HTC makes an app just for streaming. It even has a super catchy name. Are you ready for it? It's called Streaming Media. I know, I know, HTC really pulled out all the stops on that one. Also, I believe it comes on the stock ROM, and it's included in some of the custom roms. If you don't have it, you can find it easily via a google search. However, I don't really like it when someone just tells someone to google it, especially when they're a new member, so I'll help you out. There's a version posted in this thread, and you can find one here. There's a few builds out there, and I don't know which is the best or newest, so you still might wanna search on your own. Honestly though, you might even have the app already installed and might not even know it.

Hope that helped.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

This post has been thanked 1 times.