View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 12:32 AM
TnA-2xXtReM
Cheers! ^^

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM
Re: sprint capping "unlimited" data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
got a screen shot? 100GB/month is ludacris! I'm too lazy to do the math, but I don't think it's even possible, not even on WiMax...
This was back during the school months. I just check my Sprint account and they doesn't seem to list historic data usage on their website nor on paper billing.

As for obtaining 100GB a month on Sprint isn't impossible, for my prior experience at least. I basically have two phones back then. One for temporary data usage and phone for everyday use. The data phone is on like 24/7, but I do sometime takes it off occasionally to cool it off and to fully charge the battery. Even though the phone is charging while DLing, the power coming in is much less than the power being used. I always get a 'low battery' message at the days end. For instance, if I use 110 kbps of DL constantly for 300 hours (generously quoted at 10 hours per day for 30 days), my monthly usage would be over 110GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
It does sound ludacris but i work for comcast and or limit is 250 gb, less then 1% have been shut off but some people hit the mark and need to be shut down.
Ever heard of Usenet and newsgroup? You get to max out your download bandwidth consistently when trying to download stuff, unlike torrents. The good thing about Usenet is that you don't really have to seed anything. The uploader just upload it once and it is there for good. The only drawback for usenet/newsgroup is that you got to pay a premium for its service. Check out giganews.com or newshosting.com. For instance, if I got 200GB of stuff in queue, my speed would always be constant throughout. Not to mention, if you got a bad file, quickpar repairs the file(s) instead of having to re-download the bad files.

In my case, DVD disc are the way to go. Is ~4.5 GB per DVD-r and ~8.8GB per DL disc. I haven't download BR disc, but that can easily be 15GB+ per disc (never looked much into BR). Also, I max out my house connect in a matter of day or two. I usually use 200GB of DL for newsgroup each month and the rest for are web surfing and family usage.

Here is my math for Comcast: 2,500 kBps consistently for 24 hours is 206GB. Of course, I got to watch my data as for you get 1 strike from Comcast for going over 250GB in a month and if violated again within the next six month, it is a ban. I never experienced this yet, but before the official data limitation announcement by Comcast, I did get a call for using 1 - 2TB of DL per month for many months. I usually max out at 1,500 kBps before the announcement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1a.jpg (10.9 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!