View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 07:53 AM
jsminnis
PPCGeeks Regular

jsminnis is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthieman View Post
For all the Alltel people...I've been flashing and reflashing NRG's different versions for 7 hours trying to figure out the MMS trying to get it to work because I knew I've had it working before. I always install "Arcsoft Alltel MMS 5.0.69.44.cab", "sms160.cab", and "dcdalltelcarrier20090704.cab" through UC. I've tried different versions of Arcsoft on all versions with no success. On all of the NRG roms the screen lights up, switches to 1x for a second and usually opens a data connection when a pic message is sent to my phone when only installing the three cabs I listed. However, only the July 27th version actually receives the message. The July 27th has been receiving MMS flawlessly for me.

It does have some annoyances though. First off, all the keys vibrate so you have to install "Psyki vibration settings.cab". The dcd carrier cab always shows 100% battery so I install a the Custom Taskbar & battery icons cab. Both of these files can be found in this thread.

I'd rather not be running the old version because I know NRG doesn't support it anymore, but if you want to receive MMS on Alltel this is the newest version I can run. I have compared the Arcsoft Registry between versions and there are very few differences after a fresh install, but it seems a few entries might be created when the first message is received??? Anyway, I've tried to restore the July 27th Arcsoft registry on top of the other versions with no luck either.

Sorry for writing a book about this...Guess I could have just said Alltel users wanting MMS can try the July 27th version.

I have used Alltel MMS on all of NRG roms, and it is way easier than what u just said.

Here's what u do

Download and intstall the cab below
Go to Messaging, Menu, Pic Video Options, Servers Tab, Alltel MMSC:::: *Change the .com's to .net
Presto!!
*for some people the .com will work, I have to enter the .net for it to work.

Hope I helped someone, I am running the NRG'S newest rom and loving it.
Attached Files
File Type: cab LennySh ArcSoft 5.0.71.33R3 Alltel.cab (3.68 MB, 31 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by jsminnis; 08-15-2009 at 08:11 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.