canospinach
Regular 'Geeker

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
If it were a MobiTV issue, other SprintTV devices would not work either.

I mean, there really is no way to "confirm" this anyway. How do you know they use the same servers for the same coasts/states/cities for that matter?

I think it's safe to assume they blocked the WM application due to users on others networks gaining access to the service without being on Sprint's network. They'll probably work it out and release a new version when the Touch is out.

I doubt they will put this on the Touch and negate other PPC users from the service.

Once again, this is all speculation from all of our sides since we have a way of knowing. The only thing we know for a fact, is that everyone that has posted here has no access to the service from their WM PPC devices.
Your absolutely right. Until they formerly announce it, this is officially a "grey" area.

My comment about MobiTV being the issue was how it was explained to me. My source did not go into detail and we only briefly touched on it. My meetings with them are usually very focused on other issues.

Sprints other TV program for the non WM phones is i believe a java app cooked into the OS (like we do our ROM's). If anything the WM version is new and may just be having issues due to an unexpected amount of traffic on a product version which is not officially released yet

Side note:

the STV app contains DRM which generates a unique subscriber key. This key uses handset info to generate helping to insure uniqueness/validity. This along with some other info allows them to document the service request on the Sprint proxys. If you look inside the app you will find this key. Much like say a Windows install, when you fire up the app it checks a database on the server to see what services your player is approved for.

Last edited by canospinach; 10-30-2007 at 01:20 PM.