View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 02:23 PM
tokuzumi
VIP Member

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Release Date Sept 6TH Per Sprint Corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
what OS does this phone even use? would developers really take the time to take a part a random proprietary OS that will probably never be used again? But I agree sprint should just let the devs do what they want to do, no reason to be like apple with that phone.
I think the current instinct uses BREW 3.0, which is a java based OS, which can be used on any java based device (duh), windows mobile, and surely could be used on Android and WEBOS, using some type of emulator, just like on WM. The Instinct S50 that is supposed to be released at the same time as the TP2, has BREW 4.0.

Sprint tried to setup an Instinct app store, I think around the time the Instinct S30 came out, but no one wanted to bite, because the phone was too locked down.

While Apple may screen every app that gets posted to the store, there are a ton of apps available. The ones that do not get the nod, typically go to Cydia, or whatever the "jail broken" app store is. Sprint doesn't even give the potential Instinct developers this chance.