tarheelB&B
Lurker

tarheelB&B is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Ozone

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenikonian View Post
wmwifirouter needs ICS to be installed for it to work. You start ICS first then start wmwifirouter. ICS does work on my Ozone. Options can not be changed in the drop-downs but when you hit connect. It will establish the connection. It works for both USB and WIFI via wmwifirouter.

Yeah, so the issue is and has not been weather or not ICS works. And unless yoou are talking about using Wmwifi router as a wifi connection to USB or 3G to USB (I have not tested these) you do not "need" ICS. The WMwifirouter program is suffiucent enough. I know for a fact that you do not need it for any of the other connection features.

The program in question is ICSControl NOT ICS. ICS control gived the user the ability to use ICS in all the fuctions that wmwifirouter now does. And its free. I know that ICS works on the Ozone. ICS control does not work for the reasons mentioned earlier.

Also ICS is for creating a NDIS connection on your computer. Using the modem link creates a Dial up connection. The only real difference between the two is that the NDIS assumes a 10MBPS connection while the Dial up connection assumes at most a 921 Kbps connection. However if you open your task manager while using the Dial up connection provided by the Modem Link program, the max speed assumeed increases as you request more bandwith up until the cap. I have maxed out on 1.95 MBPS on both the Dial up Modem link connection and the NDIS ICS connection.

Last edited by tarheelB&B; 08-12-2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Clarity