fandi1
PPCGeeks Regular

fandi1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia I910 Now What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmellen View Post
You know, I was just thinking the same thing the other day... It's not that there's anything that really needs to be done on the phone now... quite the opposite, actually. My Omnia now does pretty much everything I can ask of it, leaving a "now what can I so with it?" feeling... like come on, I have to add more... but there's nothing left! heh... it's a good thing, mind you, but a disquieting feeling.

In a standard day (yesterday even), I've use my phone to:

scan in a business card and add it to my contact list
listened to streaming audio on Pandora
watched a storm roll in on radarlove
goofed around with pointui
created yet another WAD2 theme
read a contract sent in mail via PDF
took a picture of a problem device and sent it to client via mail
used Google maps to navigate in strange areas of town
updated facebook
used google translator to attempt to impress one of the office girls with my faux bi-lingual-ness.
surfed countless websites
took a few dozen more pictures
and most importantly... use ICS to get my laptop online outside of the office, all throughout the day...

It's a wonderful device, and I only use about half of it's features. I've messed around with barcode scanning, skype, videos, and editing video on the phone (not bad for a phone based editor), but don't use them daily. I don't play games on it, or use it as an mp3 player... but it's everything I need in the palm of my hand.

latest WAD2 theme. It's simple & sharp and all on one screen. I like it:
i realy like the way u did your phone.... would you please let me know how u did it.... and what are you using to read barcode? i did hear about some s/w that if you scan barcode you can find pricing on the web
i would love to find something like that
thanks