BrianRVT
PPCGeeks Regular

BrianRVT is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 14th ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan927us View Post
Loving this ROM, however I seem to be having a problem common amongst the WM6.5 ROMs I've tried before;

Say I have a threaded text message 'conversation' open, once I receive a new text message and reply, the previously received message is still classified as unread (Unless I close the 'conversation'). Now it's not a big deal, but I frequently leave conversations open awaiting a reply, and the flashing ring is bothersome when I don't actually have any new message to read.

Usually when you send a sms the previously received messages automatically get marked as read, is there a .cab fix or a registry edit to get that back to normal?
I have not found a 6.5 rom that can do this. There was a fix back in the day where you had to cook in a special version of htmlnote.dll into a 6.1 kitchen. Unfortunately, putting it in a 6.5 borks up the rendering.

This is a real PIA when you get a new SMS not in the thread that is opened. I have not noticed new messages coming in because the new message icon is always on, so I didn't bother to look. Only solution is to close and reopen the thread periodically. Very annoying.

Anyone know of a new 6.5 compatible htmlnote.dll that has this desired logic programmed in?