View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 07:18 PM
askwhy
Regular 'Geeker

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

I see very similar numbers to what J.eremy posted in terms of battery drain -- maybe a bit lower at idle on average. When I am indoors (which means my backlight is mostly at 30%) I see a drain of usually around 110, but always under 140 when idle except for momentary spikes -- if I turn bluetooth on it hovers around 125, but always under 180 when idle, and seems to stay under 240 even when BT is active without a call (in this case making repeated faulty MSVC requests to keep it active). It jumps to between 400-500 during a bluetooth call and even spikes to around 600 occasionally that I have observed. Bluetooth is really a pretty big power drain, definitely up there with backlight. Turning it off when you don't need it should be a habit of anyone trying to maximize their battery life.

EDIT: For what it's worth, the power drain on a non-bluetooth call is still up to 550 for me, so it's not as if BT calls cost significantly more power, it's BT in general that uses a lot.

Last edited by askwhy; 08-11-2009 at 07:22 PM.