View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 03:46 PM
PDAPhoneJunkie
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel410 View Post
Hey there PDAJ. I'm having oodles of fun with your new build. (Only hung on me once... be improvement over wm5,.)

Still, the net activity/notify button never goes grey, even when there's no activity. So, I can tell there's no activity because my battery doesn't die even if the little white arrows stay white all day. But, they never, ever turn grey for me.

While I have you here... a couple of (ok, several) more questions.

1) can your Customizations Tools prog ever be run, not just during a hard reset, but whenever, in case something cans wiped and I need to reload part of your custom set up?

2) I'm trying to set button 5 (the one used for recording) under the Buttons Setting. Button 5 (press and hold) is in the buttons list and is set for recording. But, plain ol' Button 5 (no press and hold) is not in the list. Instead, it's got something instead called Cyberon Voice Commander listed instead of "Button 5". (Under WM5, there was a plain ol' Button 5.)

How do I wipe that Cyberon definition and restore "Button 5"? I want to assign regular Button 5 (not the press and hold version) to my Microsoft Voice Command package.

3) So, as you can see above, I'm using Microsoft's Voice Command, and I don't want to use the Cyberon Voice Commander prog, but I can't find the Cyberon product in the Remove Programs setting window. How can I remove the Cyberon product from the phone? (I do see your Customization Tools in the Remove Programs settings, but, I like your customizations, so I'm afraid to remove Customizations Tools.)

4 a) What's in your Customization Tools? What's getting customized? Is there a list somewhere?

4 b) What happens if I remove the Customizations Tools package from Remove Programs?

and finally... (whew!)

5) ActiveSync. Yeah, I know, it's not a big deal for many people to keep it continually started up, but I tell you, I'm trying to keep it from starting up, and I've tried all the old tricks, the fake domain and turning off time syncronization, while setting the activesync schedule to manual. That all works fine under WM5 for me to prevent activesync to startup. But, under your WM6.1 build (and it might be for other 6.1 builds). it just keeps starting back up again. Whenever it comes back on, it just keeps turning on my phone (and I don't want it so bright all the time when I'm trying to sleep). So, if I can prevent activesync from turning on, that's a bonus for me. So, what's the trick under your build to do so?

Thanks so much again for your wm6.1 build, PDAJ. It's really given me a new phone!

Kalel
Buttons get listed different with different ROMs, it has to do with drivers and such. You can use the button that's asigned to CVC to MSVC. As for the customization, it's only stuff from the extended rom that the carriers put in. I reccomend not unsing any of it...

For ActiiveSync, I use MeMaid to delete some of the notification que for ActiveSYnc.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.