View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 09:44 AM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
Yes, I am saying that it only helps if it is calibrated correctly.

What was harsh about that? I just see Lumos being suggested every other page as a 'fix' for battery issues, and then people reporting that it didn't really 'fix' their issues. If people understood more of how it worked, and didn't assume it was a magic 'fix' I think they would get better results from it.
I struggled for two weeks with this ROM trying to get acceptable battery life as I really liked the ROM a lot, but the battery life was killing me. I still have the ROM flashed to a spare TP & I'm still experimenting with it, but at this point I can't really use it on my everyday TP.

I installed Lumos because of probably your suggestion. I calibrated it to where the highest brightness levels where absolutely as low as I could get & still have it useable. Since the TP screen is virtually useless in bright sun anyway (as opposed to my ipod touch which works fine in bright sun) I even set the level very low for bright sun conditions.

I guess this may have helped the battery life slightly, but it certainly didn't make enough difference to get me the battery life I need (which I can get easily with any of the other 6.5 ROM's available). Right now, I am running the SAC ROM which gives awesome battery life with no additional tweaks & performs as well as NRG as far as I can tell.

I will keep messing with NRG & trying different fixes people post because it seems to me both ROM's should be capable of equal battery life & I would like to run both ROM's (one on each phone) at times.....

~John