View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Cochoz
Regular 'Geeker

Cochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Cochoz Send a message via MSN to Cochoz Send a message via Yahoo to Cochoz
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
I am going to have to side with Gof on this one. Just decided to take a look at your FAQ and I can see his point.

Arcsoft MMS? You direct all users to one version without any hint that Sprint users should use a different one. One size does not fit all. Tie this to the removal tool as well with an explanation for what to do with each carrier.

Your PRL link (Sprint? you don't specify carrier) is a version number designated for mobile broadband devices. You also don't link to any explanation as to what to do with the file.

SMS Count? 160 Character SMS? - no explanation there as to who should install these or why? Hmm.

In general, with only the little crib notes, I can see where some flashing rookie will see this list and think they ALL have to be installed to fix the cabs in the stock MR6. Nothing tells them otherwise - and this info is repeated every few pages.

If you truly want to make a good FAQ, don't be lazy or dismissive. Flesh out the content to include more info. When your answers cause more questions, make your answers more complete.
Yes, your list of harvested links makes sense to you - but then again, you aren't the one who needed this FAQ. Write it for your intended audience and remember that in doing this, you need to spell everything out so as to not lead them to disaster by clicking your links.
I'm sorry that you or some people don't feel like the FAQ is as informative as it should. I'm doing it as a side project and nothing else. I have other inquiries to take care of, so I don't really have the time to make something that is pretty simple look like its the MightyROM wiki ... I don't get paid, I don't BETA, or anything. I do it to help out the community, and I never ask for anything in return.

If you or anybody thinks that they can do a better job at making the FAQ for Mike then please go ahead, step up, and make it.

Last edited by Cochoz; 08-11-2009 at 06:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.