jpc0480
Halfway to VIP Status

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Speed up the GPS a bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasquale073 View Post
I haven't taken the plunge with the testing going on in that thread yet, though it's prob cause i'm satisfied with getting locks in under a minute and I have no need to use gps indoors
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazaddict View Post
Yah...I'm gettin locks indoors .... not sure how long its takin on an average, but its acceptable. It doesn't like lockin in the moving car.

I'm gonna try it on the golf course w/ GolfTraxx tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazaddict View Post
QPST settings eh? THATS so scary I don' t even know what it is

I'm pretty damn happy....the only delay is in the house. I just downloaded & tried AMAZE Gps navigator and it works pretty damn slick.

Always curious about the bleeding edge though
How are you guys even happy with this GPS? So far this is my only complaint with this phone. I switched from a Touch Pro and as far as performance the Omnia smokes it. The only problem I'm having is getting GPS to lock. I did the update and a hard reset, re-formatted "My Storage" and it still takes Google Maps between 5-10 minutes to pick up a sat. Is there something I'm missing? I've tried changing the GPS stettings in Google Maps from "Manage by Windows" to the COM 8 and 57600 and both take forever to lock. My Touch Pro would at least lock within 10-15 seconds...