View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 08:42 PM
J.eremy
PPCGeeks Regular

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy
Re: Controlling volume when phone is locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjennin2 View Post
Did a few searches and didnt really see anything about this so here I go. Seems like if you use the built in WM 6.5 lock feature with a Simple PIN code that when you receive a call the volume keys on the side of the phone dont do jack. You get stuck with the phone blasting full volume into your ear. Of course you can tell them to hold on and then there is a Volume button on the screen that when you tap it the small WM volume control will pop and and then the side buttons will control it and turn the volume up and down. Anybody know of a way to avoid that step of tapping the volume button to get the side volume keys to work if the phone is locked and you answer a call?

Sorry for the long winded explanation..
You are correct, just tested it myself. looks like the only way to get the hardware buttons to actually work is to unlock the phone or hit the volume button.

which makes sense because technically the phone is still on "Lock Down" even tho you are in the call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
Original Posted:
chris1683
xda Junior Member

Just want to know if anyone is experiencing some bugs with the Tachi Dialer. I have noticed two problems:

1. When dialing from the keypad, you CANNOT call a contact by pushing their name when it shows up on the top of the dialer.

2. I experienced a few crashes of cprog.exe after using the dialer a few times in a row which would cause a loss of service for about 30 seconds and then restart the dialer.

Any fixes anyone knows of for either problem or does anyone have a fully working Tachi Dialer out there?
My phone doesnt show these bugs, im using 8/9 and can dial from their name and have never experienced those crashes.

all i can really reccomend is hard reset, flash back to the OEM ROM, then flash back to EnergyROM and do another hard reset.

It appears that you are experiencing one of those fluke errors that sometimes happen and that problem might follow you from rom to rom

Last edited by J.eremy; 08-10-2009 at 08:46 PM.