View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 11:31 AM
nitrous9200
Regular 'Geeker

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: There are no games for Omnia... for a reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Image911 View Post
Folks, despite all the crap we can ever imagine filling these devices with... we must remember they are a PHONE, first and foremost. Adding games will surely eat up our precious battery time. If I didn't already adjust my setting, I'd have even less battery life! Here in Vermont (New England) we have poor/spotty coverage, and more often than not, we either have no service, little service or drifted/spotty service. Just the way it is out here.

In stand-by mode, with the screen blank (off) and nothing playing... I can get a good day's battery charge. To play music (with the screen off) - I'd have mere hours left. If I surfed the Net... I'm down to 30%. Thus the reason I keep the phone plugged in to the computer in the office - charging, as well as at home, at night... and in the car. In emergency management, I can NOT afford to have a drained or weak battery! Games...?? Who has time to play games, anyway??
Perhaps if you're a firefighter and an EMT you don't have much time to fool around, but some of us are students that have some free time during the summer I also have downtime at my job sometimes, no reason not to whip out the phone and play a few games.

My favorite games on Omnia so far are Asphalt 4 and Kevtris (even dope wars is fun) but I'm still looking for something new and interesting. One game that I know doesn't exist yet is an equivalent of Paper Toss (you guessed it, for the iPhone/touch) which I would love, I think that's the best little time waster ever.

Also I can get about 2 days on battery with very little usage and my signal isn't fantastic, maybe it's better than yours though.

Last edited by nitrous9200; 08-10-2009 at 11:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.