View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 06:04 AM
swlaraut
Regular 'Geeker

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.eremy View Post
HTC Weather Master DOES NOT WORK for manilla 2.1

I posted this a couple pages back. Its what the person that ported this version of manilla to vga says to use

The person that ported manilla 2.1 to vga suggests to try this method
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=523698

all the information and tweaks and fixes you could ever want are indexed in the original thread for the manilla thats in this rom located here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=542113

I have attached the cab just in case your not an xda member and/or too lazy to sign up atm

basically from what i got from the directions is install, add city, soft reset. havent tried it myself tho yet
Thanks for the response. Actually I am a member of xda and try not to be lazy. I had read your post earlier and did all the steps to no avail. So after the other post said to use weathermaster 2.2 I tried that to no avail. Thats when I posted my request. You will be glad to know that I did finally get it figured out. It was Total Commander. When I transfered the file to the storage card, the read only box was already unchecked. So I checked and unchecked it again and sent it back. No good. Did it 2 or 3 times. No good. I finally installed Resco Explorer and low and behold the file showed up as write protected. I unchecked, sent it back and now it works fine. I remember now having this same problem with TC on my Titan, thats why I bought Resco, but that had been so long ago I had forgotten.

Anyway thanks for the nudge in the right direction. Alls well that ends well.