View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 06:41 PM
PDAPhoneJunkie
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.5 ROM 4 Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerslayer View Post
PDAPhoneJunkie,

As a new HTC Apache user, I've learned quite a bit from your tutorials and posts. Thanks for putting up such a comprehensive set of resources. As a BlackBerry user, the Windows Mobile world is a new bit; it helps to have plenty of reading material!

Unfortunately, it seems that my phone's software is not compatible with your latest WM6.5 ROM.

My ROM version seems to be at 2.06.00 WWE (from the Start>Settings>System>Device Information screen.

My bootloader seems to be at 2.02 (when I do put the phone in bootloader mode, the bottom numbers read 2.02)

I downloaded your ROM marked 'v1.00-1.02-v2.02' from the PDAJ's Clean WM6.5 ROM 4 Apache thread - I had thought that v2.02 referred to the bootloader. When I attempt to install it (with the usb connections turned off, in bootloader mode), the program ends up first showing up with blank values of the current version information & the update's version. If I click 'Upgrade', it errors out with error 150 (ROM upgrade utility error - "This ROM Upgrade Utility is not designed for your device. Please get the proper ROM Upgrade Utility and try again!").

I'm guessing that 2.02 refers to the ROM version already installed?

I suppose I could downgrade my ROM, but from your guide on troubles after downgrading, I'm a little leery - and why add a potentially unnecessary step to the process? [edit] - I think I mispoke here - you were talking about downgrading the bootloader, not the ROM![/edit]

Any thoughts on the matter? I'm hoping that there is some easy solution that I'm overlooking, but my search of the forums hasn't borne any fruit!

Thanks,
Fr. Maurer
Howdy. There is indeed a simple a solution to your problem, you need to downgrade the drivers in Windows Mobile Device Center, you can find info on that here.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.