View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Mr.KLeen
VIP

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
Q: Hey what did you do Friday night?
A: I don't want to say.

Q: It can't be that bad. Tell me, what did you do Friday night?
A: I spent 4 hours methodically testing for the cause of a minor glitch on my phone.

Q: Um...don't you have a life?
A: Apparantly not, or somebody would have stopped me by now.

Q: So, you figured out your issue right?
A: After 37 text messages, 2 hard resets, and a pot of coffee? No.

So it was already established earlier that the odd SMS issue a few of us have experienced (some messages to manila, some to classic, all notifications messed) was in no way caused by anything cooked into EnergyROM. EnergyROM SMS is perfectly fine. That's the good news. The bad news is that after 4 hours of testing I cannot determine what the heck caused the issue, because I have been utterly unable to reproduce the issue again. I guess that is *kinda* good news, but I wanted to know what triggered it before.

First I performed a hard reset and confirmed that SMS was fully working with all notifications present, and that the messages were avaiable in both Manila and classic view by sending myself a series of texts from Google Voice. That worked fine.

I then began manually installing and configuring everything that I would normally Sashimi, one by one, and sending myself SMS messages in between each change, and after each soft reset. After everything was installed, sync'd, and configured, the issue had still not reappeared. There was only one big thing left to do at that point...

I did one more Hard Reset and this time let Sashimi run on Auto as I usually do. Following a final soft reset I did one final SMS test which has confirmed that there is nothing wrong in the installation of any of my programs, configurations, or in the Sashimi auto process that is causing the SMS to go wonky. Hopefully it never goes wonky again, but then I might never know why it did before. Detailed log of this totally OCD series of SMS tests is attached. There is very little useful information in it, other than generally suggesting that most of the mentioned applications and reg edits are ok to use on EnergyROM. It also shows evertyhing I put on my phone, but it's not very interesting.
lmao, thats funny man the first part. some of us like me has no life. we are addicted to our phones, we need rehab